Do you have questions about local history and geography? The web mapping
site maintained by the Brown County Land Information Office is
a great place to start.
Some ideas for maximizing the usfulness of internet GIS
applications are listed below:
Get Coordinates From Google Maps & Bing
Maps - We've run across a couple of useful articles on
Display In Web Maps - Many GIS applications on the
Internet are designed to display the cursor coordinates in the
browser status bar. However, the browser must be specifically
configured to take advantage of this extremely useful feature. The
information below was furnished by Eric Sandin at the Wisconsin
Microsoft Internet Explorer
• Open Internet Explorer
• Click the Tools button
• Click Internet Options
• Click Internet or Restricted sites
• Click the Security tab
• Click the Custom level button
• Scroll down to 'Scripting'
• Click 'Allow status bar updates via script'
• Select Enable
• Click OK until you return to Internet Explorer.
• Under the "Tools" menu, select "Options"
• From the "Content" tab, click the "Advanced" button to the right
• Check the box marked "Change status bar text"
Website by: Infinity Technology, Inc.